Hi there! 👋🏻 I’m Jen, and this site is my passion project and prized possession. I started it as a way to stay connected to my roots as a journalist after 20 years in the media industry, and it eventually morphed into an ongoing chronicle of my recovery journey and rebirth as an aspiring addictions counselor.
A few fun facts about me:
- I grew up in the northern suburbs of Chicago, loving sports (especially the Cubs & Bears), nature and writing stories.
- I walked on to the softball team at Northwestern U. in Evanston. I was a pitcher; I lasted 1 season, emerging with 4 total wins and a broken jaw. 😼🥎🤕
- I have lived in Bucks County, Pennsylvania since 2002; I moved here to take a sports writing job at the local newspaper.
- Before that, I covered all levels of sport for the paper in Macon, Georgia.
- Since 2018, I’ve parlayed my love of storytelling into the world of content marketing (See: Portfolio section for writing samples.)
- I somehow found my perfect human counterpart here in PA and have been married to him for 15 years.
- My hubby and I attended Game 7 of the 2016 World Series in Cleveland and saw our Cubbies break the so-called curse. 🐻
- My sobriety date is 7/7/2019.
- I’m a member of Cohort 9 in the MA in Counseling Psychology program at Delaware Valley U. 🐏
- I’m 44 years old and a 90s girl through and through, so consider yourself warned: this blog contains no shortage of outdated pop culture references.
- Thanks for visiting, and…